Sept. 5, 2022 – Read Our Latest Blog Post on the County’s broadband study
Working to Create a Community Broadband Network for Arlington
Welcome to the ArlFiber website!
We are calling on the Arlington County Board to form a broadband authority to convert part or all of its ConnectArlington municipal dark fiber network into a county-wide, fiber-to-the-home/premises community broadband network.
Our goals for this network are as follows:
- Bridge the digital divide for underserved and unserved families;
- Ensure a fiber-to-the-home/premises connection for all who want it;
- Provide subscribers with real choices for low-cost, high-speed internet service;
- Respect subscribers’ privacy;
- Commit to permanent net neutrality;
- Give subscribers a democratic say in how this community network operates.
We need to build a digital landscape that provides world-class connection to all, is sustainable, privacy-enhancing, rights-preserving, innovative, and democratic by design. We must therefore move in the direction of treating digital connectivity as a right and organizing digital infrastructure …as a vital 21st-century public good, underpinned by democratic ownership and governance..– Next System Project